Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Never Knit with Yarn You Hate

Okay, I know better, yes, yes, yes, I know better and yet, I still did it. In a time long ago and far away I went on a yarn buying binge and ended up with 20 skeins of Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed. Now I love tweed and I love aran, but Debbie Bliss yarns -- not so much. So apparently in a fiber induced blackout I got the yarn ignoring the Debbie Bliss part. So it sat and sat and I muttered and mumbled. Then I saw the pattern Elsewhere on Ravelry and wanted to cast on immediately and had all that tweed and well . . . .

So I'm working my way through the pattern which is fun but the yarn is absolutely annoying me. It is rough and dusty and full of knots and is interfering with my knitting bliss. But I have finished the back and half of the front and am too close to the finish line to give up so I keep going. I've learned not to knit it while wearing any dark clothing because it leaves a dusting of fiber bits in its wake -- you should see my laptop keyboard -- grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

All I'm saying at this point is better soften up with blocking or I am going to be one pissed off knitter.

The worst part of this tale -- I have tons -- metric butt load tons of fabulous fiber I could have used for this project and yet, I did not. So there you have it. I have only myself to blame and I'm not even sure why I made this decision. Oh well. . . .

On the pug front -- the weather has been hot and sunny. Bodhi loves it, Myoki and Ho-Tei not so much and my beloved Poppy is not much of an outside girl. It is the Maltese in her -- she prefers pillows and air conditioning and tasty treats served on a beautiful platter. Total princess.

Well, off to work so I can afford those pillows and platters. Have a great Wednesday all!

2 comments:

  1. No clue to your sorrow on yarn, but I will probably stay away from that kind after your heads up. I see all kinds I like, go through it often, as a part of my pug sweater craze I am putting Melissa through....lol. After I get my garden in, my next project is learning how to crochet....my fingers will fumble like crazy in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi k!
    oh i feel your pain LOL.
    i made a poncho with homespun last fall and did not know i could get so annoyed at a ball of fiber. :)
    the good news is that i redid the project in a different yarn after it was done and had even more fun and appreciation because of it.

    heee!
    xoxoxo
    m

    ReplyDelete